Who We Are
Why We Collect Personal Information and Our Legal Bases for Processing
The purposes for which we Process your Personal Information and the legal bases on which we perform such Processing are as follows:
|Processing activity||Legal basis for Processing|
We will not Process your Personal Information other than for the purposes described above. If we wish to change or make additions to the purposes described above, we will take all necessary measures to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
Personal Information that We Collect
|Identifiers||This category may include: name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Under the CCPA, “unique identifiers” or “unique personal identifier” means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a consumer, a family, or a device that is linked to a consumer or family, over time and across different services, including, but not limited to, a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device.||YES|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||This category may include: name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education or employment information, financial account numbers, medical information, or health insurance information.||YES|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||This category may include: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex and gender information, veteran or military status, or genetic information.||NO|
|Commercial information.||This category may include: records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|Biometric information.||This category may include: imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a face print, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted||NO|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information.||This category may include: browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|Geolocation data.||This category may include: precise physical location or movements.||NO|
|Sensory data.||This category may include: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|Professional or employment-related information.||This category may include: current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|Non-public education information.||This category may include: education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf (e.g., grades, transcripts, schedules, and student ID numbers).||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||This category may include: inferences drawn from the above information that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, or similar behavioral information.||NO|
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process Sensitive Personal Information. Where we need to Process Sensitive Personal Information for a legitimate purpose, we will do so in accordance with the applicable laws.
Third Parties We May Share Your Personal Information With
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- you and, where appropriate, your appointed representatives;
- upon request, legal and regulatory authorities for the purposes to report any actual or suspected breach of applicable laws or regulations, if we have obligations to do so;
- our accountants, auditors, consultants, lawyers and other outside professional advisors, subject to their binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- third-party Processors located anywhere in the world;
- any relevant party, regulatory body, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- any relevant party, regulatory body, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or court, for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties;
- any relevant third-party acquirer(s) or successor(s) in title, in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or
Your Personal Information Storage Period
Please note that we have the right to store your Personal Information to the extent necessary for defending against legal claims.
The criteria for determining the duration for which we will retain your Personal Information are as follows:
we will retain Personal Information in a form that permits identification only for as long as:
- we maintain an ongoing relationship with you (e.g., where you are a user of our services, or you are lawfully included in our mailing list and have not unsubscribed); or
in addition to (1), above, we will retain your Personal Information for the duration of:
- any applicable limitation period under the applicable laws (i.e., any period during which any person could bring a legal claim against us in connection with your Personal Information, or to which your Personal Information are relevant); and
- an additional two (2) month period following the end of such applicable limitation period (so that, if a person brings a claim at the end of the limitation period, we are still afforded a reasonable amount of time in which to identify any Personal Information that are relevant to that claim),
- in addition to (1) and (2) above, if any relevant legal claims are brought, we continue to Process Personal Information for such additional periods as are necessary in connection with that claim.
During the periods noted in paragraphs (2)(a) and (2)(b) above, we will restrict our Processing of your Personal Information to the storage of, and maintaining the security of, such Personal Information, except to the extent that such Personal Information needs to be reviewed in connection with any legal claim, or any obligation under the applicable laws.
Once the periods in paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) above have completed respectively, we will either:
- permanently delete or destroy the relevant Personal Information; or
- anonymize the relevant Personal Information.
We Safeguard Your Personal Information
We have in place commercially reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information under our control. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized personnel have access to your Personal Information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information will never occur, we will use all reasonable efforts to prevent such results.
Your California Privacy Rights
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Specifically, you have the right to request disclosure of the categories of Personal Information and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you over the last 12 months. Upon the submission of a verifiable consumer request we will disclose to you:
(i) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
(ii) the categories of sources from which Personal Information was collected;
(iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information;
(iv) the business or commercial purpose for disclosing or selling Personal Information; and
(v) the categories of third parties with whom we sold or disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose.
We will also provide the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you, subject to certain exceptions under applicable law, if you also request access to such information. If you have visited our websites, we may have collected information about you and the Device you used to engage with our websites, such as an IP address, device type, operating system, time of visit, and other similar information, as discussed above. Such information will not be stored with other personal information that identifies you (such as your name, postal address, email address, etc.), and we therefore will not be able to reasonably associate this device-level information with you. Thus, we may not be able to provide you with specific information, or delete specific information that we have collected that cannot be reasonably associated with you. You may exercise your privacy rights for device-level data by engaging with the consent management platform displayed when you enter our websites.(b) Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You also have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected and maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will conduct a reasonable search of our records in order to locate any Personal Information we have collected about you that is eligible for deletion, and delete such Personal Information. To the extent we have shared any Personal Information collected about you with service providers that is eligible for deletion, we will direct those service providers to delete that Personal Information as well.(c) Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
If Kia Corporation sells or discloses personal information about you to third parties, you may have the right to opt-out and request that Kia Corporation not sell your Personal Information.
You may submit "Do not Sell my Personal Information” request via to his email address(email@example.com)(d) Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
(i) Deny you goods or services.
(ii) Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
(iii) Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
(iv) Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your CCPA rights. If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you may submit a request via to this e-mail address.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Requests to exercise your rights under the CCPA require verification of your identity, and may be made only by you, your parent or guardian (if you are under 18 years of age), a person to whom you have given power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, or an authorized agent that is registered with the California Secretary of State. If a parent or guardian is submitting a request on behalf of a minor, the parent or guardian must submit proof that they are the parent or guardian of the subject consumer, and must verify the consumer’s identity. Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or that you are an authorized representative of such person. We will not respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. While we may ask for Personal Information to verify the requestor or consumer’s identity when making a request, we will only use that Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. Additionally, you may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period.(f) Response Timing and Format
We will make our best effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Within ten (10) days of receiving the request, we will confirm receipt and provide information about our verification and processing of the request. Kia Corporation will maintain records of consumer requests made pursuant to the CCPA as well as our response to said requests for a period of at least twenty-four (24) months.
The response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. Requests for the specific pieces of information that we have collected about you will be sent in a portable, readily useable format that you may transmit to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You may exercise your rights under California’s Shine the Light law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) by utilizing the “Do not Sell my Personal Information” request via email at email@example.com
What About Information on Children and Minors?
Our Site is not intended for anyone under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under age eighteen (18) may provide any identifying Personal Information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from anyone younger than eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us. We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of eighteen (18). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18) and believe your child has disclosed Personal Information to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Address: email@example.com
- “Cookie” means a small file that is placed on your device when you visit a website (including our Sites). In this Notice, a reference to a “Cookie” includes analogous technologies such as web beacons and clear GIFs.
- “Controller(s)” means the entity that decides how and why Personal Data are Processed. In many jurisdictions, the Controller has primary responsibility for complying with applicable data protection laws.
- “Data Protection Regulator” means an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- “Newsletter Subscription” means the newsletter that Kia America will provide regarding the release of the EV6 and other marketing information
- “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
- “Process”, “Processing” or “Processed” means anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Processor” means any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller (other than employees of the Controller).
- “Relevant Personal Data” means Personal Data in respect of which we are the Controller.
- “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, national identification number, or any other information that are deemed to be sensitive under the applicable laws.
- “Site” means any website operated, or maintained, by us or on our behalf.