Customers at the Center of Everything We Do
At Kia, we value your opinion,
understand your needs,
and provide the highest value
and experience based on
- Value Creation Value Creation Based on Trust
- Best Quality Innovations Drives Quality
In 2018, in addition to a service identity called "Kia Promise to Care," we launched a mid- to long-term global service strategy titled "Service Vision 2022," as a promise to offer the highest possible customer value and quality. To that effect, we have developed key initiatives to become the world’s top service brand, specifically in the five key areas of customer service, by 2022.
Customer Communication Service
With digitalized customer communication, Kia goes above and beyond. Our new mobile app, "Kia VIK," has consolidated the complete automotive management process from purchase to maintenance and disposal into a single app. Customer membership services and mileage points, new model debuts, online quotations, test ride sign-ups, and new offer releases are all now easily accessible on your smartphone.Kia Members (Kor)
Customer Compensation and Service Procedure
Arbitration for Replacement or Refund
Accept the rules on arbitration Sign the contract after the explanation of the definition effects and important details of the arbitration
Major defects – once,
General defects - twice
The same symptom occurred after repair
(Major defects second recurrence/ General defects: third recurrence)
Notification of defect recurrence
Enforcement Rule of the Motor Vehicle Management Act
Defect Recurrence Report
The same symptom recurs despite the repair carried out upon receiving the recurrence report
(Major defects third recurrence / General defects: fourth recurrence)
Follow the arbitral award process
Customer Service Process
Inquiries or complaints
Online/offline channels - customer centers, corporate websites, mobile channels
1. Ask for solution
2. Respond to customers
3. Communicate the request results
Take action required by the customer and reflect it into the business policy
Quality related Education
Kia provides specific education to all employees related to product quality at the production and service stages, depending on each organization's specialty. (Employees related to product quality : 31k / Education provided employees : 31k)
For example, employees of the quality division are provided with the Quality Competency Improvement Learning Solution, and production engineer groups are provided with regular quality awareness improvement education and frequent intensive quality education for whom specifically involved with the quality issues.
Product and Service Safety Programs
Kia strives to be on top of the fast changing economy and environment of customers to provide safer, more convenient services.Safety Compensation Service (Kor)
Internal Product Safety/Quality Assessment
Kia's all domestic and overseas plants(including CKD) conduct internal quality evaluations for all produced vehicles to secure high-quality.
Internal quality evaluations consist of 4 categories, standing test, driving test, watertightness test, underside inspection.
All evaluation is conducted in each stage of production, such as body, painting, assembly, shipment, and Key checkpoints and defect types are standardized for precise testing.
Gap & Flush
/ Welding etc.
/ Gloss etc.
/ tightening etc.
Comfort / Noise
/ Break /
Electronic equipment etc
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Customer Satisfaction Survey table
2022 Vehicle Dependability Study(VDS)
No. 1 of all brands by J.D.Power
Mid size SUV ‘Sorento’
2021 Initial Quality Study(IQS)
- Subcompact Crossover SUV : Soul
- Upper Midsize SUV : Telluride
- Compact Car : Forte(K3)
- Minivan : Sedona(Carnival)
- Compact SUV : Sportage
|2022 Vehicle Dependability Study(VDS)||No. 1 of all brands by J.D.Power||Mid size SUV ‘Sorento’|
|2021 Initial Quality Study(IQS)||-||
J.D. Power is US data analytics and consumer intelligence company and the firm is best known for its customer satisfaction research and benchmarking on new-car quality and long-term dependability.
Every year, J.D. Power conducts multiple survey/studies on the automotive industry in the US as well as in other countries. Among their annual consumer survey/studies, the most attention drawing results by consumers are 1) IQS (Initial Quality Study), which measures the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles within the first 90 days of ownership and 2) VDS (Vehicle Dependability Study), which measures the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles after 3 years of ownership. (consumer feedbacks are obtained on every significant vehicle on the market and detailed/unfiltered customer feedbacks are analyzed by plant, model, brand, and segment.)
In particular, the results of J.D. Power's survey on durability and new car quality are not only actively used by US consumers, but also accepted as a key indicator of auto company's quality competitiveness in the whole industry worldwide. Most automakers are closely monitoring IQS and VDS index and most frequently referenced in auto industry.
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit member organization that works side by side with more than 6 million consumers for truth, transparency, and fairness in the marketplace.
CR ranks the brands and reveals how their new models are likely to hold up.
Every year, CR asks its members about problems they’ve had with their vehicles in the previous 12 months. This year, they gathered data on over 300,000 vehicles from the 2000 to 2022 model years, that address 17 trouble areas, including engine, transmission, in-car electronics, etc.
Awards by Country
|The United States||
Marketing Communication and Product Labeling
- Product information : ID label (WVTA certification number, weight, etc.)
- Fuel, electric charging information : fuel type label, electric charging method label (PHEV, electric vehicle only), hydrogen fuel label for hydrogen fuel cell vehicle
- Product safety : airbag warning label, spare tire (when provided) speed label, ISOFIX anchor label, high voltage component label, etc.
North America (US/Canada)
- Product information : Monroney label (Vehicle Price List (MSRP) label, indicating fuel efficiency (electricity consumption), NCAP rating, and percentage of parts made in North America, etc.)
- Fuel economy (environmental) information : VECI label (indicating emission gas certification information), refrigerant label, mercury-content label, etc.
- Product safety : Certification label (self-certification label), Tire Placard (tire pressure label), VIN label (Vehicle Information Number), anti-theft label, airbag warning label, etc.
Russian Federation/Eastern Europe
- Product information : European specification ID label + Russian certification label (EAC)
- Product safety : Consumer safety warning/information phrases provided in native language (Russian/Turkish, etc.)
- Product information : ID label, VIN (W/screen), anti-theft label
- Fuel economy (environmental) information : fuel economy label
- Product safety : CCC label, CRS warning airbag label, temporary spare tire (when provided), speed label
- Product information : self-certification label (year of manufacture, total vehicle weight, vehicle identification number, vehicle model, ehicle name, tire, etc.), recommended air pressure label
- Fuel economy (environmental) information : fuel economy labels, emission-related signs
- Product safety : airbag warning label, ISOFIX ancho
Protection of customer privacy
Kia implements a information security system to prevent the leakage of assets, such as company confidential information and intellectual property. Kia operates an information security management system in accordance with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) guidelines, We also strive to safely manage customers’ personal information.