We create a flexible and horizontal organizational culture that promotes movement to realize Kia’s ideal of "Movement that inspires."
Kia is striving to fundamentally change the organization’s way of thinking and acting, based on its new brand purpose, which was declared in 2021. With Kia’s Inspiring Culture, we share inspiration with colleagues, customers, and the rest of the world. Kia is pushing ahead with fundamental changes across the company to become "Agile, Flexible, Horizontal" in order to implement the Inspiring Culture.
a bold attempt,
We are continuously reminding ourselves of changes in business strategies through "Plan S," and are promoting "Business Transformation" to boldly and proactively respond to prospective fields of opportunities.
In addition, we have built a mobile remote work environment so that employees can work freely and quickly, regardless of time and place. In particular, we have established and operated a base office and an infrastructure that enables employees to perform work smoothly in the virtual work environment due to COVID-19, and improved the groupware as well as the mobile working environment through Microsoft Suites.
Kia supports creative ideas through "Way to Inspiration" platform and encourages employees to actively explore ideas. In addition, we introduced a home-based education "Home Learn," providing employees with an opportunity to flexibly conduct virtual learning by breaking away from the existing collective education.
Our work environment, which values flexible thinking, serves as a cornerstone for the realization of Kia’s corporate culture, while also being highly relatable and appreciable to our employees
Employees are creating Kia’s horizontal culture based on various growth & career development opportunities. In fact, Kia’s various educational programs are receiving positive feedback from increasing number of employees.
Kia measures respective employee’s psychological stability and team effectiveness through its annual corporate culture and satisfaction survey results and support them to boost. In this way, we are laying the foundation for realizing a company-wide inspiring culture. In addition, we have introduced the "growth system" to support self-regulated and constant learning for individuals in their own career development opportunities. Employees are creating Kia’s horizontal culture based on various growth & career development opportunities. In fact, Kia’s various educational programs are receiving positive feedback from increasing number of employees.
Idea platform, Way to Inspiration
Kia’s "Way to Inspiration" is an always-on idea platform where employees may freely discuss ideas and get inspiration. Regardless of industry or rank, Kia executives and employees can offer and embrace unique ideas through the platform.
|Actively developing ideas||64.5||63.3||67.8
|Providing Mobile working environments||60.0||58.7||76.5
|Running diverse educational program||48.3||42.6||54.9
In order to increase organizational effectiveness, Kia has continued its organizational development activities from the following three perspectives.
- How innovative and high-quality are the products and services produced by our organization?
- Do you have conviction to our company's management goals and are confident to achieve them?
- How committed are the members to the organization and how satisfied are they with their jobs?
We are carrying out activities to increase the effectiveness of not only the company as a whole, but also of each unit(e.g. Headquarters / Divisions / Business Unit / Teams).
There are three activities that the company promotes in common.
- Finding issues at the company level based on data and implementing improvement tasks directly from the organizational development team
- In-depth analysis reports are provided for each headquarter/division to support the change activities of the unit organization.
- As a result of performing a hierarchical regression analysis based on diagnostic data for three years (2019-2022),
Head leadership was identified as the most urgently needed area to improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
Therefore, we selected 236 leader support boards from 72 offices directly under Kia(composed of excellent talents and various classes), suggesting changes to the leaders, and reflecting this to improve the leadership of the department head and the organizational operation method of the department.
Organizational Development Promotion System
- Company-wide organizational culture survey
- Deriving and executing company-wide activity tasks
- Identify issues based on culture survey results (HQs/divisions)
- Cause analysis considering the characteristics of HQs/divisions
- Identify tasks and carry out improvement activities
- Business unit culture survey data analysis
- Cause analysis considering the characteristics of business unit
- Identify tasks and carry out improvement activities
- Conduct team organizational culture diagnosis, provide team-specific reports
- Team unit organizational development activity (On the job session, customized workshop)
Customized organization development consulting
|Improvement area||Support Concept||Necessary Period|
|Solve key issues||
||Diagnosis and workshop (2-3 months)|
|Improving Leadership Behavior||
||Leader Counseling (4 months)|
|Improve organizational operations||
||Leadership Team Organizational Development (4 months)|